Preventive care dentistry is the foundation of having a lifetime of good dental health and an attractive smile. The two primary causes of tooth loss, decay and gum disease, are generally caused by bacteria in the mouth. However, both of these problems can be dramatically minimized, if not prevented, through proper dental hygiene practiced on a regular basis.
SmileDesign Dentistry & Braces provides regular preventative care services that are both affordable and convenient. Schedule a cleaning & exam for you and your whole family every six months to ensure your best oral health. Call (818) 764-0113 or click here to contact us today and we'll discuss your goals and options with Preventive Care Dentistry.
Solutions and Preventive care Services
- The solution is treating and preventing any bad breath, tooth decay, and gum disease by having regular preventive care visits - at least once every 6 months. Some of the elements of proper dental hygiene include brushing twice a day, flossing, eating a balanced diet, limiting between-meal snacks, and seeing your dentist twice a year for cleaning and exam. Additional preventive methods include the application of dental sealants and exposure to fluoride in the form of fluoridated drinking water, thoothpaste, mouthwash, or fluoride treatments directly applied by your dentist.
Our preventive care dentistry services offer you an affordable, gentle, and convenient program for a lifetime of good dental health.
- Regular check up timing as needed to prevent disease
- Cleaning and gum care (Hygiene with our R.D.H.)
- Bite Guards Appliances to stop grinding damage
- Patient Education and hygiene instruction
- Fluoride Treatments to prevent decay from starting
- Sealants for chewing surfaces to prevent decay
- Enamel restoring compounds to repair damaged enamel
- Comprehensive Oral Evaluation
- Digital X-Rays
Home Dental Care>
The ADA recommends the following for good oral hygiene:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with an ADA-accepted fluoride toothpaste.
- Replace your toothbrush every three or four months, or sooner if the bristles are frayed.
- Clean between teeth daily with floss or an interdental cleaner.
- Eat a balanced diet, and limit soft drinks and between-meal snacks.
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams.